Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Our first vacation without the kids!

I spent the afternoon printing out hotel and airline confirmations, booking a Broadway play and Central Park pedi-cab tour, and finalizing dinner reservations and airport transportation.

But I still can't believe it's happening--our first vacation without our kids! And it's for a special occasion--our 10th wedding anniversary.



We have wanted to do this for a long time, but have never found anyone volunteering to watch our 3 children. I guess our persistence has paid off, and our kids and pets will be in good hands while we are gone.

Truthfully, I had a hard time planning this vacation because my mind-set is always all about my children. When I was looking for a Broadway play to see, I gravitated to Cinderella because of my daughter. I kept finding entertainment that I know my kids would love. But, we really wanted to pick things that we want to do that the kids couldn't do or wouldn't be interested in doing.


We are only leaving our children for 3 nights, but I am both nervous and so stinking excited to have this opportunity with my husband! This will probably be our only opportunity to travel without our kids while they are young.

I was able to book our flights on airline miles, and I got us a free hotel room for 2 out of our 3 nights. I'll write a detailed report of how that was possible when we return.

Have you gone on a vacation without your kids? Was it easy or difficult for you? Would you do it again?


No comments:

Post a Comment